Lifestyle Media Group Ltd [LMG] owns and operates Catalink which is a free membership website offering easy access to a wide range of catalogues, brochures, visitor guides, newsletters and other types of useful literature for members. Our community of users has now grown to over 4 million members who regularly use our websites to order new and interesting offerings. As a membership website offering free literature via email and mail you need to provide your name, address, email address and date of birth (to verify you are over 18).
By signing up to any of our websites and becoming a member you are giving consent for LMG to hold your personal information indefinitely, enabling you to use our easy one-click literature ordering system. You can update your privacy options and exercise your right to "be forgotten" via your account page.
It also tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Account means a unique account created for you to access our service or parts of our service.
Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Lifestyle Media Group Ltd, Unit D, Copley Hill Business Park, CB22 3GN. Please note for the purposes of GDPR, the company LMG is the Data Controller – see below
Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Country refers to: United Kingdom
Data Controller, for the purposes of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), LMG is the legal entity which alone, or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
Catalink Facebook Fan Page is a public profile named Catalink specifically created by LMG on the Facebook social network, accessible from https://www.facebook.com/catalinkuk
Other Company Facebook Fan Pages will be specifically named on the relevant LMG websites wherever appropriate
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. For the purposes for GDPR, Personal Data means any information relating to you such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Service refers to the provision of information accessible on LMG websites.
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of LMG. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by LMG to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of LMG, to perform services related to the Service or to assist LMG in analyzing how the Service is used. For the purpose of GDPR, Service Providers are considered Data Processors.
Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the LMG service.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
You means the individual accessing or using the service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), “You” can be referred to as the Data Subject or as the User or as the Member as you are the individual using the Service.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
First name and last name
Full Postal Address
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the service.
Usage Data may include information such as your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your device unique ID, the IP address of your device, Your operating system, the type of Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access our service by or through a mobile device.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences or your activity on our service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for browser cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read "Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?" available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit LMG, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. Learn more about cookies: What Are Cookies?.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session cookies
Administered by: LMG
Purpose: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through LMG websites enabling you to use their features. They help authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for cannot be provided. LMG only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent cookies
Administered by: LMG
Purpose: These cookies identify if users have accepted their use on LMG Websites.
Type: Persistent cookies
Administered by: LMG
Purpose: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when using LMG Websites, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use an LMG website.
Tracking and Performance Cookies
Type: Persistent cookies
Administered by: Third-Parties
Purpose: These cookies are used to track information about traffic to an LMG website and how users use the website. The information gathered via these cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the website. We may also use these cookies to test new pages, features or new functionality of an LMG website to see how our users react to them.
Targeting and Advertising Cookies
Type: Persistent cookies
Administered by: Third-Parties
Purpose: These cookies track your browsing habits to enable LMG to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, and with our permission, third party advertisers can place cookies to enable them to show adverts which we think will be relevant to your interests while you are on third party websites.
Use of Your Personal Data
LMG may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our service, including to monitor the usage of our service.
- To manage your account and membership: to manage your registration as a member who will use the LMG service. The Personal Data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the service that are available to you as a registered member user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of a contract with us through the service.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates if necessary for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which LMG offer and which represent legitimate interest similar to those that you have already purchased, requested or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests made to LMG.
- To deliver targeted advertising to you: We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third-party vendors who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- For business transfers: LMG may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of LMGs assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by LMG about our members is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of LMG promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our service, products, information, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service, to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our service, to advertise on third party websites to you after you visited our service, to contact you.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of LMG assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see your name, profile, pictures and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
- With Your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
When you have registered as a member of one of the LMG websites, LMG will retain your Personal Data until such time as you chose to cancel your membership. You can cancel your membership at any time. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
LMG will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes, usage data to effect the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or when LMG is legally obliged to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at LMGs operating offices but this may be extended to any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. This means that your information may be transferred to — and be maintained on — computers located outside beyond the UK
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, LMG may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to authorised requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency). LMG may disclose Your Personal Data in good faith if such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of LMG
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the device or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While LMG strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
The Service Providers LMG use may have access to your Personal Data. These third-party vendors collect, store, use, process and transfer information about your activity on our Service in accordance with their Privacy Policies.
We may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
We may use Service Providers to show you advertisements to help support and maintain our Service.
Google AdSense & DoubleClick Cookie
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that we believe will be of legitimate interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from LMG by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in every email we send or by contacting us.
LMG may use Email Marketing Service Providers to manage and send emails to You.
In house Platform
These third-party vendors collect, store, use, process and transfer information about your activity on our service in accordance with their Privacy Policies and to enable us to:
- Measure and analyze traffic and browsing activity on our service
- Show advertisements for our products and/or services to you on third-party websites or apps
- Measure and analyze the performance of LMG advertising campaigns
Some of these third-party vendors may use non-cookie technologies that may not be impacted by browser settings that block cookies. Your browser may not permit you to block such technologies. You can use the following third-party tools to decline the collection and use of information for the purpose of serving you interest-based advertising:
- The NAI's opt-out platform: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- The EDAA's opt-out platform http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
- The DAA's opt-out platform: http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN
You may opt-out of all personalized advertising by enabling privacy features on your mobile device such as Limit Ad Tracking (iOS) and Opt Out of Ads Personalization (Android). See Your mobile device Help system for more information.
The third-party vendors We use are:
Google Ads (AdWords)
Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout - for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Usage and Performance
LMG may use third-party Service Providers to provide better improvement of our Service.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
Consent: You have given your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which LMG is subject.
Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person.
Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in LMG.
Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by LMG.
LMG will help you to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. Contact Us.
Your Rights under the GDPR
LMG undertakes to respect the confidentiality of your Personal Data and to guarantee you can exercise your rights.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that LMG hold about you. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information held by LMG to be corrected.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data. This right exists where LMG are relying on legitimate interest as the legal basis for processing your data but where there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to our processing of your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request removal of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask LMG to delete or remove your Personal Data when there is no good reason for LMG to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data. We will provide to you, or to a third-party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for LMG to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent on using your Personal Data. If You withdraw your consent, LMG may not be able to provide you with access to certain specific functionalities of the LMG service.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
You may exercise Your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting LMG. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you make a request, LMG will respond to you as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, if you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA, in the UK please contact the ICO.
Facebook Fan Page
Data Controller for the Facebook Fan Page
LMG is the Data Controller of your Personal Data collected while using the Service. As operator of the Facebook Fan Page https://www.facebook.com/catalinkuk, LMG and the operator of the social network Facebook are Joint Controllers.
LMG has entered into agreements with Facebook that define the terms for use of the Facebook Fan Page, among other things. These terms are mostly based on the Facebook Terms of Service: https://www.facebook.com/terms.php
LMG uses the Facebook Insights function in connection with the operation of the Facebook Fan Page and on the basis of GDPR, in order to obtain anonymized statistical data about our users.
For this purpose, Facebook places a cookie on the device of the user visiting Our Facebook Fan Page. Each cookie contains a unique identifier code and remains active for a period of two years, except when it is deleted before the end of this period.
Facebook receives records and processes the information stored in the cookie, especially when the user visits the Facebook services, services that are provided by other members of the Facebook Fan Page and services by other companies that use Facebook services.
Other Third Party Data
We may also match your data against industry suppression files; Telephone Preference Service (TPS) and Mailing Preference Service (MPS). Managed by the Direct Marketing Association (UK) Ltd, these are central registers of individual’s who do not wish to receive unsolicited marketing calls or direct mail. You can register for these free of charge at www.tpsonline.org.uk and www.mpsonline.org. When we do collect information from third parties we always check that they have a valid legal basis to process and share your data with us.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If You are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided LMG with Personal Data, please contact Us. If LMG becomes aware that they have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
By visiting this page on our website: https://www.catalink.com/contact-us.php
Please Note: Due to the logistics involved in managing over 4 million members, unsubscribing from all emails can take up to 7 days.
The TravelBrochures website is owned and operated by the Lifestyle Media Group Ltd
Lifestyle Media Group Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act number: Z4899775
Lifestyle Media Group Ltd is a member of the Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
Lifestyle Media Group Ltd is a Private Limited Company registered in England and Wales, company number 3871517
Lifestyle Media Group Ltd trades from Unit D, Copley Hill Business Park, Cambridge Road, Babraham, Cambridge, CB22 3GN, United Kingdom
Last updated: March 15, 2021